|site search by freefind|
Spread The Word! Cushing's Pocket Reference
This has been a concern of mine for some time. Your post spurred me on to do something I've been meaning to do. I've designed something you can print that will fit on the business cards you can buy just about anywhere (Wal-mart included). You can also print on stiff paper and cut with a paper cutter or scissors. I've done a front and a back.
Here are the links:
• Front: This card is being presented by a person who cares.
• Back (The same for everyone)
This Topic on the Message Boards
Guests are now able to ask questions without registering for the message boards. Go here: http://cushings.invisionzone.com/index.php?showforum=199 and click the icon to start a new topic. Come back often as answers will often keep coming for days or weeks.
- Add your...
- Helpful Hints for Dealing With Cushing's
- Review of this Website
- Travel Resources
- Checklist of Symptoms
- Cushing's Store
- Nutrition for Patients with Cushing Syndrome. (National Institutes of Health, Clinical Center) - PDF file
- Cushings Help Organization, Inc. Medical Journal (Excel Version)
Ways to Give Back... in no particular order:
- Endocrine Society News - Cushing's as Cover Story!ENLetters@endo-society.org to send a letter to the editor. Some will be published and the doctors (endos!) who read this will get the patient's eye view.
- Participate on the message boards and help support others, especially newcomers. If you see a post with no, or few responses, say something so that the person doesn't feel like they're being ignored. I've noticed that many people here are very good at this :)
- If you've had successful surgery, stick around to offer hope to those who come after. Far too many cured Cushies leave, and present an unbalanced look of life after Cushing's.
- Add (or update) your bio.
- Attend the chats.
- Offer to talk to others offline.
- Send cards or little notes to others who are hurting - either online, or through snailmail. There are some free eCards available through Hallmark, Bluemountain, many places. If you don't know someone's email address for an eCard, you can send it to yourself, get the link (URL) when it comes to you and paste that into a PM for the person.
- Add a review of this website.
- Use the "Tell a Friend" links on any page to share it with someone who would be interested.
- Be a board moderator.
- Visit other Cushies in the hospital, or go with them to doctor appointments. Call them when you know that they're "down" - or happy!
- Print your own Cushing's brochures. These work best on tri-fold brochure paper.
- Print some brochures and pass them out to doctors, Weight Watchers and other similar meetings, people who look Cushie. There are also Cushings-Help business cards available.
- Wear your Cushing's Awareness bracelet or pin often and tell everyone what it means.
- If someone asks how you're doing, explain Cushing's to them, at least a simple version! I've been doing this with my piano students and parents - they're finally getting it!
- Submit your Helpful Doctor info - we need all the good doctors we can get.
- Submit any Helpful Books you may have read - we need all the info we can get.
- Submit Your Helpful Hints for Dealing With Cushing's
- Attend meetings, be involved
- Help Jayne get Cushing's Awareness Day enacted.
- Participate in The Clothes Closet, the book project
- Someday, maybe you'll meet a Cushie without a computer. Offer to print out helpful pages for him/her, or invite her over to check out your computer. Invite him to a local meeting, or give her the number (703-745-3554) to call for more info.
- Help someone fill out insurance or disability forms.
- Ask someone how you could help them.
- Share your good news - it spreads like wildfire!
- Pray, or send healing thoughts, to those who need them
- Post relevant News Items that may help someone else.
- Use iGive.com when you buy things online; buy books using the links on the book pages; tshirts and such from the giftstore. Then WEAR those tshirts!
- If you see on the Calendar that today is someone's birthday, or surgery anniversary or other special event, please acknowlege that on the boards.
- Food and Exercise Journal
- Helpful Hints For Dealing with Cushing's Symptoms
- Medical Journal (Print version)
- Cushings Help Organization, Inc. Medical Journal (Excel Version)
- LindaP's Cushing's Tips
- MelissaTX's tips for new patients: How to steady your feet and get diagnosed quickly
- Talk to Your Doctor
- Shop iGive
Thank you for your contribution to the Cushings Help Organization, Inc. Community!
When I started Cushings-Help.com, it was my intention to make it a place for all to receive much needed free help and support. That is still my intention; however, these costs keep mounting, so you now have the option of making a donation to help with the running of these websites. If you are satisfied with our support, information and/or the help you receive here, please consider making a donation. Your donation will help to offset the costs of keeping these sites online and free to all who need them.
To register and participate in any of the Cushings Help Organization, Inc. websites and services is free. However, it is through the generosity of our members that these sites remains free. Members who choose to "subscribe" or "donate" help keep the website fees paid so that the thousands of members can enjoy the support offered.
Your donation helps with the upkeep of the seven sites in the Cushing's Help family, cushings-help.com, addisons-help.com, cushings-support.com, cushings-info.com, cushings.invisionzone.com/ [message boards], cushie.info and cushingsonline.com; the message boards, podcasts, chatrooms and much more.
Any size donation will be much appreciated. These sites receive 97% of your donation through PayPal.
Please Help Keep Cushings Help Organization, Inc. Running!
You DON'T need a PayPal account to help out. Just a credit card.
Please note: In order to be able to excercise our full freedom of speech in all areas, Cushings Help Organization, Inc. (cushings-help.com, addisons-help.com, cushings-support.com, cushings-info.com, cushie.info and cushingsonline.com; the message boards and chats) is not registered as a 501 (C)3 organization with the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Therefore, donations are not tax-deductible, at least in the United States.
Monthly Subscription is just $5. For less than the price of a coffee or latte, you
can help keep this website free for all Cushies!
To send a check:
4094 Majestic Ln. #328
Fairfax, VA 22033
Thank you so much for your donation!
HOME | Sitemap | Adrenal Crisis! | Abbreviations | Glossary | Forums | Donate | Bios | Add Your Bio | Add Your Doctor